The Grand Ballroom
The Grand Ballroom is a beautiful state of the art venue with dramatic views of the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts and south city skyline from a 38’ high glass wall that opens to an outdoor plaza area. It features LED lighting panels that can be set to enhance your wedding colors and includes a dynamic front lobby with a rear view of the Sprint Center and the Power & Light entertainment district.
- Seating Recommendation: 200 – 700 guests
- Rental: $4,575 per day (section C/D)
- Food and Beverage: $7,500 minimum
The Little Theatre
The Little Theatre is an intimate, octagonal room of stunning elegance. With its gleaming marble façade, balcony, stage and jeweled art deco light fixtures, it creates the perfect setting for a wedding reception.
- Seating Recommendation: Up to 225 guests
- Cocktail Reception: Up to 275 guests
- Rental: $3,200 per day
- Food and Beverage: $2,500 minimum
Barney Allis Plaza
Barney Allis Plaza is an outdoor plaza at 13th and Central located just across the street from the Little Theatre. Surrounded by the ambience of downtown Kansas City, it features a beautiful fountain and offers a great view of the Kansas City skyline, making it the perfect setting for a cocktail hour or wedding ceremony.
- Rental: $750 per day
- Included with your event space:
- Access to space from 8 am – 12 midnight on the day of the Wedding/Reception (6 hours).
- Tables and chairs are provided (except for Barney Allis Plaza). Cocktail tables may be coordinated with your caterer.
- A Senior Event Manager will be available the day of your event to coordinate your vendors.
- Aramark is the in-house culinary provider for the Kansas City Convention and Entertainment Facilities. For more information, please contact Audra Kamin, 816.221.2737 x101 or by email.
- For additional catering providers, please click here.
- Insurance: Insurance for your wedding reception will be provided by your cater.
- Security: The Kansas City Convention and Entertainment Facilities has security on-site. You may be required to hire additional security under special circumstances.
- Set-up Time: On the day of your wedding reception, you will have access to the space beginning at 8:00 am. An event coordinator will be on-site to meet your vendors.
- Table Linens: The Kansas City Convention and Entertainment Facilities does not provide table linens. Please consult with your caterer about your options and you are also welcome to bring in an outside vendor for your linen needs. We can provide black table skirts for your head table, gift table and guest book upon request (not applicable for round tables).
- Dance Floor: If your reception requires a dance floor, there will be an additional expense. The Little Theatre does not require a dance floor.
- Ceremony: Ceremonies may be held at our venues in addition to a reception. Additional charges will apply if the room requires a reset between the ceremony and the reception or if your ceremony requires an additional space. Please consult your caterer regarding extra charges.
- Parking: Downtown parking lots are operated independently of the Kansas City Convention and Entertainment Facilities. We can provide contact information if you want to pre-pay for your guests or offer valet service.