Harvest Productions is the exclusive rigging provider for the Kansas City Convention & Entertainment Facilities. Please contact Greg Turcotte, Production Sales Executive at 816-513-5651 or 816-985-8284. Rigging Order Form
- Harvest Productions is the exclusive rigging contractor for the Kansas City Convention and Entertainment Facilities.
- Harvest Productions will provide all chain hoists and rigging labor (motor up + span sets).
- Harvest Productions will provide all rigging hardware (motor up + pan sets) including spanner truss when needed to obtain desired rigging points.
- A rigging plot with load factors, equipment counts, and equipment positions to include cable picks must be submitted electronically no later than four (4) weeks prior to scheduled move-in.
- Harvest Productions is required to approve all rigging plots. All plots must have published weight points.
- The number of riggers required will be decided by Harvest Productions and reasonably based on size and production schedule of the event.
- All special and unusual weights, motors, rigging apparatus or items not normally hung must obtain written permission from Harvest Productions. Exceedingly large rigs that support abnormal loads, live loads, or non-uniform distribution of weight or hardware, may require plans that have been approved and stamped by a licensed engineer selected by facility management.
- Rigging may only be performed by a certified IATSE union rigger.
- Soft goods such as drape over 20’ must be flown or have steel “safety” cable(s) installed.
- Free standing, ground supported structures over 10’ tall are subject to review by Harvest Productions.
- Displays can be reviewed by the KCCEF approved decorating company.
- Structures must be engineered and rated by the manufacturer for use in the desired manner.
- All beams and ceiling joists must be protected with carpet or adequate material wherever wires and cables make contact, unless they are rubber or plastic coated.
- Wires and cables must not make contact with any ceiling structures, including, but not limited to, ducts, pipes, speakers, and lighting fixtures.
14. No rigging will be allowed from Air Wall Tracks.
- No additional holes will be made in plaster, or any ceiling material, for additional rigging points without prior approval of the Facility Manager.
- All OSHA and ANSI regulations and guidelines are to be adhered to at all times.
CAD Drawing requirements:
- Drawing must be submitted as a Vectorworks or DWG file.
- Drawing must include all flown equipment, this includes truss and any equipment attached to the truss.
- Layout must include all scenic elements.
- All weight calculations must accompany drawings
Rigging Labor Rates (Rates are per hour):
Up rigger Straight Time (8 am-12 am) – $81.79
Down Rigger Straight Time (8 am-12 am) – $66.19
General A/V Labor (Rates are per hour)
Straight Time (8am-12am) – $42.94
Rigging Equipment Rates:
Dead Hang point – $50 (One-time fee)
Chain Motors – $125 (First day) $31.25 each additional day
Lift options (rates available upon request)
5,000 lbs. Forklift
12″x12″x10′ – $62.50
12″x12″x8′ – $50.00
12″x12″x5′ – $43.75
12″x12″x2′ – $43.75
20′ Circle Truss – $43.75
Corner Blocks – $43.75
24″ or 30″ Base Plates – $43.75
20.5″x20.5″x10′ – $62.50
20.5″x20.5″x5′ – $43.75
20.5″ Corner Block – $43.75
30″ Base Plates – $43.75
General practice is for stagehands to do construction, (including carpentry, props, displays) dismantling of exhibits not done by exhibitors, operation of all theatrical lighting and sound in the Music Hall, including spotlights. Labor for loading/unloading and delivery by use of a forklift must be hired through a Decorator or Production Company. Persons associated with events may use their own dolly, hand cart or hand-carry items in the facility. The Music Hall requires the use of Stagehand labor for every event.
Crowd Systems, Inc. and NPB Companies are the exclusive service providers for event security at the Kansas City Convention and Entertainment Facilities. Event security services include ushers, ticket takers, crowd directors, badge checkers, overnight security and off-duty police.
For services with Crowd Systems, Inc, please contact Keith Adkins (KeithAdkins@CrowdSystems.com).
For services with NPB Companies, please contact Norman Smith (Norman@NPBCompanies.com).
The Auditorium Plaza Parking Garage is managed by LAZ Parking. Parking facilities are first come, first served basis. Parking rates are $1/15 min up to a daily max of $12 every 24 hours. Parking fees for event attendees, exhibitors and other show personnel will be charged according to LAZ Parking rates. Event rates are as posted, when posted, with Cash required in advance. Event rates are typically $10. Event rates expire 12 hours after purchase. There are no in & out privileges.
Event ticketing services are provided exclusively by Ticketmaster™ through the Municipal Auditorium Box Office. Available event ticketing options include hard tickets, rolled tickets and computer generated tickets.
Aramark is the exclusive provider for concessions, coat check and merchandise services. Services include cash purchase of food, beverages, exhibitor catering, programs, novelties, tobacco products, records, tapes, recordings, souvenirs, t-shirts, books, magazines, photographs, flowers, opera glasses and use of coat check rooms.
The Kansas City Convention Center offers state-of-the-art technology services to its customers. We offer a portfolio of solutions that include high-speed bandwidth internet access, advanced high-density Wi-Fi networks, point-to-point private networking and technology managed solutions over one of the industry’s most scalable networks. With a core focus on providing an exceptional customer experience, we are passionate about delivering best-in-class services.
The facilities technology infrastructure and fiber optic backbone supports the most demanding requirements customers may have, from basic wired and wireless networks, to large high-speed broadband Ethernet circuits.
• 10 Gbps of redundant internet infrastructure, with two 10 Gigabit uplinks.
• 40 Gbps uplink scalability
• Wireless Network 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ac wave 2 frequencies on both 2.4GHz and the 5GHz spectrum
• 200 high-density Wi-Fi access points throughout the facility
• Wi-Fi network configured to allow individual customer self service payments for high speed internet access
• Distributed Antenna System for AT&T, Sprint and Verizon (4G/LTE) for cellular voice and data use
Services (fees apply):
• High-speed internet access
• Customized wired and wireless networks
• Network design and engineering solutions
• VLAN setup and configuration
• Point-to-Point data networking
• VoIP and Analog phone services with multi-line capability
• Network monitoring and reporting services